POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kitchen Visualization Problem : Re: Kitchen Visualization Problem Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kitchen Visualization Problem
From: D J  Brown
Date: 16 Aug 2000 12:58:44
Message: <399ac844@news.povray.org>
Wouldn't you know... I decided that I should convert them all to
height-fields and I spent the past hour redoing my architecture when all I
needed to do was put "normal on" in the radiosity block. Then again... I
guess I haven't lost any time since I would've checked the newsgroup at the
same time and been just as far along. Thanks for the plethora of info.

Let me see if I have this correct on iso-surfaces... Basically, it evaluates
a function at points x, y, z inside my bounding region and creates a surface
point with that if my function evaluates at or above a certain threshold? Or
does it create a mesh like the height-field does? Or does it simply refer to
the provided function every time it calculates a point... creating a
pseudo-infinitely detailed surface?

Thanks in advance for any help,
D.J.

http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/